Archive for darklingshaven.myfreeforum.org Welcome to Draconis's personal forum.
 


       darklingshaven.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> The Outer Caverns
Draconis

How to feel miserable as an artist

Oh lawd, guilty, guilty, guilty! lol.
http://www.kerismith.com/blog/archives/000360.html

SATIRE-CHAN

Constantly complain about lack of inspiration.

I'm looking at you Horribleville.
Draconis

it's not lack of inspiration, I've got an overabundance of it. it's all the anti-psi I've had heaped upon me and thank you for adding to it.

Excuses aside, I'll get to it when i get to it and I will get to it.

As far as your judgement, yeah, you hate everything. we know. Sing us a new song. this one's getting old.
SATIRE-CHAN

Horribleville is a comic. And every other comic he draws is about how he can't think of anything. His other comics are funny, really funny, but whenever they take a turn to the angsty side I just want to stop reading.
Draconis

Oh Ok. I thought you were trolling my comic, Coyoteville.
SATIRE-CHAN

I won't because I never plan on reading it. No offense.
Anon

He's gotten a bit nicer, not everything is a personal attack now, just most of it Razz
SATIRE-CHAN

I've come to see that despite the admin guy being a furfag he doesn't bug me all that much (probably because here he isn't provoking me like he was doing on 4chan). You have the sense to nay-say the conspiracy nut, and she deserves nothing but ridicule until she starts thinking again.
Pamelot

Good list, Drac! It doesn't apply only to artists, either; that's true of any profession!

Like the book says, "Do What You Love, the Money Will Follow".  (Harder than it sounds, the way most of us were raised. Rolling Eyes)
Radar

I never thought of that.
I always just kept making music because I can't HELP it. scratch
Draconis

I wasn't born an artist, but always had the desire to be one since being very young except never had the confidence in myself to go through with it.
Draconis

SATIRE-CHAN wrote:
I won't because I never plan on reading it. No offense.


no offense taken. You're not my intended audience.
Draconis

SATIRE-CHAN wrote:
I've come to see that despite the admin guy being a furfag he doesn't bug me all that much (probably because here he isn't provoking me like he was doing on 4chan). You have the sense to nay-say the conspiracy nut, and she deserves nothing but ridicule until she starts thinking again.


That's because 4-chan is a free-for-all and I usually don't start shit with anyone unless they give me shit. You can't give people grief and claim to be a victim.
Radar

Draconis wrote:
I wasn't born an artist, but always had the desire to be one since being very young except never had the confidence in myself to go through with it.


I always liked that line from Ricky Nelson:

"You can't please everyone, so you got to please yourself."

If YOU are pleased with your efforts, then don't let anyone take that away from you.
I recently gave some recordings of original tunes to a friend whose opinion I respect.  He likes most of them, but there's one about which he said he thinks it sucks.
I told him, "Okay.  But I still like it."
And you know, the next time we played it live, the whole place was singing it by the time we got to the end!

I'll prolly break it out when we paly at his anniversary party this summer, just to be stubborn.  (He'll like it better LIVE.) (I hope.) (But if he doesn't... I won't care.)  (I WON'T). rambo

Honey and cream gonna ease my mind...
Draconis

Thanks Radar.

I've been caught in a mental catch-22 as the stuff I did, I would mostly get flack for 'sucking', but if I don't care what others think and go ahead, then I get even more flack for being "self-centered" and made to look bad for that.

I've always had a problem for caring too much for what others think of me and that's always put a damper on what I did.
SATIRE-CHAN

You didn't get yelled at for not caring, you got yelled at for not caring by saying "fuck your opinion, you all suck" if your behavior on /b/ meant anything.
Pamelot

Draconis wrote:
Thanks Radar.

I've been caught in a mental catch-22 as the stuff I did, I would mostly get flack for 'sucking', but if I don't care what others think and go ahead, then I get even more flack for being "self-centered" and made to look bad for that.

I've always had a problem for caring too much for what others think of me and that's always put a damper on what I did.


Yep, my family (mostly mom and grandmom) did that to me, too. I learned to never trust my own judgment and always do what others, especially those with any authority, told me to do.  Teachers would say to draw or write whatever we wanted to, then I'd get pulled aside and talked to because I did. Confused   Because of trusting others and mistrusting my own inner voice practically screaming at me, I made some HUGE mistakes in my younger years!  I grew up believing I was selfish, and while there may be some truth to that, being an only child and an introverted Taurus, it's never been nearly of the magnitude that I was always led to believe.

Did you get the big guilt trip, too?  I lost that hook a few years ago, and wow! the freedom!!!  No doubt, my mother thinks I've now truly gone off the deep end. She totally doesn't understand why the old guilt trips don't work on me, any more. Laughing
Draconis

SATIRE-CHAN wrote:
You didn't get yelled at for not caring, you got yelled at for not caring by saying "fuck your opinion, you all suck" if your behavior on /b/ meant anything.



Like yours means anything either. Smile

So I'm supposed to just happily accept being abused for a) being a "furfag" and b) trying to contribute to the image board?  And before you say i was being antagonistic, you apparently weren't around before I had other threads posted just chatting it up with other /b/tards having a good time until you showed up. You also twisted the spirit of the post into something hateful. I wasn't being serious with my insults as that is the whole point of the "dunk the barker" game at the fair, you were the one that twisted the meaning around because of the ugliness inside of you.  You are basing your assumptions on just one thread that you happened to have come across and have never lived it down even though it was based off false assumptions and now you're doing the very same thing here, so pot...kettle...etc.

but ok, if you say i'm an annoying worthless scumbag, your opinion is noted again...and again...and again. What would I do without you being there to remind me what a worthless prick I am. You've certainly told me! I'm humbled by your superiority.

LET IT BE KNOWN HERE AND NOW THAT I'VE BEEN INTELLECTUALLY CHECKMATED BY SATIRE-CHAN. HE'S THE COOLEST EVAR AND I SUCK! I WILL NEVER BE AS COOL A /b/TARD AS HE!

ALL BOW DOWN TO SATIRE CHAN!
SATIRE-CHAN

The thing is that if you stopped contributing where you weren't wanted (IRONY) they wouldn't harass you for being a furfag. Again, think back to the analogy of the beehive and you throwing rocks. The bees want to be left alone, they don't want your help making honey and they definitely don't want any rocks thrown at them.

I also should have screencapped that thread. The first reply of yours was just your little fursona or whatever it is standing there. Then within a few seconds of that you posted him dodging sages, when in fact only one person had replied in that time. You tell me that isn't presumptuous, and that the 'sage dodge' wasn't provocation. The message that whole thread sent was this:

"Hey anonymous, I'm someone you hate. I already know how you're going to reply, but I'm going to sit here and act all apathetic because I think it pisses you off that I don't care. Tee-hee, look at all the anonymous getting mad at me for coming here and trying to insult them. Oh look, that guy is mocking me with his own avatar and everything, I'll play along!"

Then we get to the part where you were tricked into getting into a large discussion about your motives where you broke down and spilled the beans to anonymous about your reason for going there at all. You claimed to be looking for furry friends on /b/.

You probably don't see/don't care about the problem here, but I will reiterate it.

You were trying to meet furries, on 4chan /b/.

That's like a Jew running into Nazi Germany and going "HEY WHO WANTS TO COME TO TEMPLE WITH ME AND WORSHIP?". You knew the reaction you would get, you knew better than to subject yourself to it, but you still did it anyways, denying all logic and numerous forms of reason. You claim that you weren't being serious with your insults, but even the 'dunk the barker' game is designed to provoke people into getting mad and wasting money trying to dunk him as revenge.

YOU came to US, not the other way around. The only difference is that this time I followed YOU home. I insult your friend not because it hurts your feelings, but because she holds a ridiculous belief, and you sit there telling me to respect a woman who thinks there is an underground civilization on Mars.

Let me tell you something about respect. I don't expect people to respect me. I piss people online off. I am rude and licentious towards every idiot I run into. I don't give them any respect, because I don't expect theirs in return. I don't need theirs, they are idiots who can't type, or who can't think, or who blame others for their shortcomings in the world, or who are hypocrites, or who are unprovoked attackers, or who are just plain mind-numbingly stupid. The people I go after have something wrong with them that I work to point out. Alot of times they take the hint and make changes before I have a chance to really go after them. But if they insist on being total morons, then I try to run them off. I never attack without provocation or reason. There are no lulz, there are no other people monitoring this, it's just me doing what I do to people who provoke me.

I respect alot of people. I respect people who prove to me that they are intelligent, or kind, or talented, or clever. I respect those who work for respect, and I treat them the way they treat me, with kindness and talent and intelligence. Even just recently I sent someone a wii-gift, because she has been a great friend to me online and was willing to listen to my side of a story when a problem arose. These people have earned my respect, and I defend them from anything I can. People like you, who demand respect as a default are the ones I treat unfairly. You all prove to me that you are not worthy of even an attempt to gain my respect.

You were arrogant before I had a chance to be. Your friend was stupid, making ridiculous claims and refusing to back them up while I was intelligent and proved my points. The one I argued with about trolling was assumptive, thinking he had already won before he had done anything, and trying to take credit for the work of others. There are people on here who I am slowly growing respect for, because of innocence or humor or general kindness, seeing the way I behave towards you and your kind but not stepping in against me until they have given me a fair chance. Notice that to pamelot, instead of cussing her out and insulting her about an assumption she was going to make, I calmly explained to her the facts and left her to herself. I also have respect for the member named Anon because he (again, despite my arrogance and hatefulness) stood on my side of a debate, even if only because he would rather side with me than with your friend.


You think you're a victim of an internet bully years younger than you. I don't claim to be a saint. I am a sinner, and what I do is wrong, but I didn't cast the first stone. I just threw back harder and more often. When you push, I shove twice as hard. When you make a bad first impression, I make the same impression on you.
Draconis

Quote:
inconsequential blather

You give yourself far too much credit and again you're assuming far toomuch of my motives but you're going to believe what you're going to believe so I'm not going to argue with you. I don't see you as a bully, merely an annoyance. Because that's what you are. You are a spoiled and arrogant boy from hicksville who's going nowhere in life and lashes out at others for his sad and appalling situation instead of making something of himself. Go ahead and buzz around and make noise if you wish, but understand that you're merely a pest that contributes nothing.
SATIRE-CHAN

Hicksville? That's the best you've got? A region based insult, guilt by association, a stereotype? Come on, fight back. How can you tell if I'll only believe what I want to if you never make a real effort to tell me your side of the story? It's just more sarcasm. It's lazy.
Draconis

This coming from a guy who bases his opinion of me based on the stereotype of "furfag".

whatever.

I told you i'm not arguing with you, it makes both of us losers and frankly I wouldn't want to stoop to your level.
SATIRE-CHAN

The 'stooping to your level' comment is getting slightly better, good work.

And no, my opinion was not based solely on your particular (and very eccentric) fetish, it was based on a first impression of your attitude towards /b/. You go in expecting ridicule, you provoke ridicule, then you play the victim acting like you didn't know 4chan would attack a furry.
Draconis

Don't patronize me, boy. Yes, i did what i did because people do sage my threads. people sage furfag threads, i was having fun with it. it's not my fault you saw 'fursecution' in it. You made it into something it wasn't and you were all too happy to find someone who would cry 'bawwwwwwww' at your 'bullying'.

Go amuse yourself elsewhere, i'm quickly tiring of you.
SATIRE-CHAN

If you were having so much fun, then how do you explain the whole second half of the thread where you explained that you were looking for friends, and that even fchan ousted you?

I really wish I had screencapped that thread.
Draconis

That's fine. I was looking for friends because before you came along, there were others i was having fun and enjoying furry type things for the first time in a long while. I know furries aren't wanted in /b/, but that hasn't stopped others and it's already established that a great majority of /b/tards ARE furries or closet-furries so i didn't really commit that great a sin.

you're just on the other side of the anonymous debate of furries on /b/. you don't have the final say.
SATIRE-CHAN

well you can't have a debate with only one side

I just keep debating long after everyone else has gotten bored
Draconis

That's fine. do it on /b/. Not here. We don't do what you do here.
SATIRE-CHAN

This was another idea I had to deal with furry friday. When they come to 4chan, /b/ temporarily moves over there and posts on fchan as though it was /b/. The idea almost caught on, a few people did it, but it didn't last long.

Works really well here though. You went to 4chan to antagonize for fun, I followed you back to do the same.
Draconis

there you go again...

Ok, let's say for the sake of argument, that i did go there specifically to antagonize 4chan (which i didn't). /b/ is random, and anything goes so you can't really antagonize a board where anything goes and that's populated with trolls who antagonize each other.

You just followed me here with *ONE* other /b/tard hoping to raid a 'furfag' and the other guy didn't even stick around for longer than a few posts.

You're the one who has a vendetta against me because I broke an alleged rule that doesn't really exist and you want to 'school' me in something i already know all about despite your belief that I don't.

face it, boy. You've failed.
SATIRE-CHAN

that /b/tard was not mine. The link here was in public view, he probably came here on his own. Now HE was the failure, didn't do anything right.
roulette

roulette

pwodi5b-4r15bbi-tw6qe641-0 <a href="http://urlser.com/?e64r6#2">car insurance</a>
http://online-casino-gambling-mo.lookera.net#1
black jack
http://online-gambling-mo.lookera.net#4
[http://online-gambling-mo.lookera.net#5 online gambling]
"car insurance quotes":http://urlser.com/?IQpnn#6
[LINK http://best-online-casino-mo.lookera.net#7]best online casino[/LINK]
[img]http://victor.freewebhostingpro.com/1.php[/img]
cheap auto insurance

cheap auto insurance

hdbeudy-kh7u3ft-tw6q4e88-0 http://urlser.com/?DYEVZ#1
<a href="http://roulette-mo.lookera.net#2">roulette</a>
insurance quotes
http://urlser.com/?3kTmj#4
[http://urlser.com/?m6c0v#5 auto insurance]
"life insurance":http://urlser.com/?boo2X#6
[LINK http://free-poker-mo.lookera.net#7]free poker[/LINK]
[img]http://victor.freewebhostingpro.com/1.php[/img]
auto insurance

auto insurance

9u9p7rr-gzxnhun-tw6q1697-0 <a href="http://urlser.com/?IQpnn#2">car insurance quotes</a>
http://texas-holdem-mo.lookera.net#1
insurance quotes
http://urlser.com/?DYEVZ#4
[http://online-gambling-mo.lookera.net#5 online gambling]
"texas holdem":http://texas-holdem-mo.lookera.net#6
[LINK http://urlser.com/?aBCA5#7]homeowners insurance[/LINK]
[img]http://victor.freewebhostingpro.com/1.php[/img]
insurance quotes

insurance quotes

jykfj24-o8nan0u-tw6qa610-0 http://urlser.com/?boo2X#1
<a href="http://texas-holdem-mo.lookera.net#2">texas holdem</a>
gambling
http://gambling-mo.lookera.net#4
[http://urlser.com/?DYEVZ#5 insurance quotes]
"insurance quotes":http://urlser.com/?DYEVZ#6
[LINK http://texas-holdem-mo.lookera.net#7]texas holdem[/LINK]
[img]http://victor.freewebhostingpro.com/1.php[/img]
online gambling

online gambling

8ux44zm-8jppnha-tw6q2635-0 http://urlser.com/?DYEVZ#1
<a href="http://gambling-mo.lookera.net#2">gambling</a>
black jack
http://online-casino-gambling-mo.lookera.net#4
[http://urlser.com/?5Nnno#5 progressive insurance]
"black jack":http://black-jack-mo.lookera.net#6
[LINK http://black-jack-mo.lookera.net#7]black jack[/LINK]
[img]http://victor.freewebhostingpro.com/1.php[/img]
car insurance

car insurance

nodcwqu-z4q9wsx-tw6q96dc-0 <a href="http://urlser.com/?qbKvI#2">health insurance</a>
http://black-jack-mo.lookera.net#1
roulette
http://online-gambling-mo.lookera.net#4
[http://online-poker-mo.lookera.net#5 online poker]
"auto insurance":http://urlser.com/?m6c0v#6
[LINK http://urlser.com/?DYEVZ#7]insurance quotes[/LINK]
[img]http://victor.freewebhostingpro.com/1.php[/img]
car insurance

car insurance

zow9hja-elnq8k6-tw6q5d87-0 <a href="http://urlser.com/?qbKvI#2">health insurance</a>
http://texas-holdem-mo.lookera.net#1
free poker
http://online-poker-mo.lookera.net#4
[http://urlser.com/?xFj4E#5 insurance]
"life insurance":http://urlser.com/?boo2X#6
[LINK http://urlser.com/?xFj4E#7]insurance[/LINK]
[img]http://victor.freewebhostingpro.com/1.php[/img]
online poker

online poker

c4fmdny-4dl6a12-tw6q54db-0 http://online-poker-mo.lookera.net#1
<a href="http://urlser.com/?m6c0v#2">auto insurance</a>
roulette
http://online-casino-gambling-mo.lookera.net#4
[http://urlser.com/?aBCA5#5 homeowners insurance]
"texas holdem":http://texas-holdem-mo.lookera.net#6
[LINK http://urlser.com/?xFj4E#7]insurance[/LINK]
[img]http://victor.freewebhostingpro.com/1.php[/img]

       darklingshaven.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> The Outer Caverns
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum